12.07.2009

El Fin

My graphic interface design class is over. Part of me is sad (the part that understands HTML), the other part of me is happy (the part that hates Flash). I still use HTML on a regular basis and I keep learning new things about it. Flash was just so frustrating for me. However, I did learn a lot that I will need to know if I choose to work with a programmer in the future. (My HTML website can be viewed here: http://seeeme.org/)



I've completed the flash quote. I liked that assignment. I did each frame by hand so it would have a choppy feel. You can see it here: http://fall09-2.graphicinterfacedesign.com/mwilliams/anim/mwilliams.mov






The flash website is also up. You can see this one here: http://fall09-2.graphicinterfacedesign.com/mwilliams/flash/EarthKidsFixed.swf







My top five favorite HTML sites (from section two only):

My top three favorite dynamic text movies (from section two only):
1. Joni Severe's Goonies quote (can't find the link - sorry)

My top three favorite flash sites (from section two only):

Some things I didn't like about the class included:
-The time! It is hard for me to think from 4:00 - 7:00.
-The time! It also took so long to do things. Especially in Flash. For me. If I thought, "Oh, that button is not working, I will fix it. It will take ten minutes." Then it inevitably took 3 hours.

Some things I liked about the class included:
-The creative process. I love the freedom that we had. Our assignments weren't so specific that we all had the same website. As I was looking through everyone's work again, I noticed how different everyone's work was. I love that.
-The web process. Normally, as a graphic designer I have to wait months from beginning a project to see how the finished product looks. The neat thing about this is that you can see updates whenever you want. It is also fun to create something that you can interact with, rather than a piece of paper you can just look at.

1 comment: